WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
We are located just three miles from the market town of Oswestry and alongside the Montgomery Canal, we have a rural setting of almost seven acres in the peaceful countryside of North Shropshire. From our gated access to the canal tow-path, there are great walks in either direction along the canal through some of Shropshire’s most beautiful countryside.
Get accurate directions
Either download the pdf file of detailed directions or feel free to use this Google Maps tool BUT SatNavs using a post code will only get you to a side road in the village, which is the centre of the post code! Just remember to look for the canal bridge as we are right by it, we also have a hanging sign to look out for.
HOW TO GET HERE
From the North (Chester / Wrexham)
- Travel south on the combined A5/A483 until you reach Mile End Roundabout, this has a Tourist Information and Esso Garage at the second exit.
- Take the Third exit for A483 (Welshpool / Mid Wales ).
- Then take the Second LEFT towards Maesbury
- After 2 miles you will reach Maesbury Marsh.
- Look out for the Navigation Inn and Canal Bridge
- Immediately on the far side of bridge and before the first cottage on the left you will see a turn in on the LEFT leading to the gateway into White House.
- The nearest railway station is at Gobowen about 4 miles (5 km) to the North. It is situated on the Shrewsbury to Chester Line, and all services are operated by Arriva Trains Wales.
- The Arriva 576 service stops in Maesbury Marsh. Other bus routes in the Oswestry area can be found at:
From the South East (Shrewsbury, M54 or M6)
- At the Nesscliffe roundabout continue straight on onto a dual carriageway
- At the next roundabout Turn left onto the B4397 towards Knockin, the road turns into the B4396 after a short distance.
- Continue through Knockin, after the village you will see a sign saying Osbaston
- Take the next RIGHT towards Maesbury & Oswestry.
- Follow the road through Woolston Bank, at which point it turns sharp left down the hill
- Enter Maesbury Marsh, on approaching the Canal Bridge look for White House on the RIGHT just before the canal bridge and after the last cottage on the left
- Turn RIGHT, into a pull in immediately before the bridge and you will see the gate to White House – pass the Navigation Inn on the right and you are on the wrong side of the bridge!
- White House has direct access to the Towpath of the Montgomery Canal in Maesbury Marsh.